- To find content by genre, format, or availability, see our Advanced Search instructions
- To get started checking out eBooks, see our eBooks instructions
- To get started checking out eAudiobooks, see our eAudiobooks instructions
- Click here to go to OverDrive!
- The Waterloo Public Library is pleased to offer our lending service for eBooks and eAudiobooks. Please call the Reference Desk if you have questions about getting eBooks for your eReader device. Call us at 291-4476.
Would you like to suggest an eBook or eAudiobook for our collection?
There is something you should know. A library, unlike a regular person, cannot purchase an eBook or eAudiobook from Amazon or Barnes & Noble and then lend it out to patrons. Digital content is treated differently by the publishers and companies who manage content licensing. We want to offer as many eBooks and eAudiobooks as we can to you, however, some publishers' policies are preventing us from bringing you some of the works from your favorite authors. The following companies refuse to sell or license eBooks to libraries for eBook lending:
- Brilliance Audio
- Simon & Schuster
You may still call us to request an eBook or eAudiobook. Please be aware that we may not be able to get the eBook or eAudiobook you want because of certain publishers' restrictions. Thank you for your understanding.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PURCHASE REQUEST ONLINE. Make sure you specify eBOOK or eAudiobook format. Or, call us at 291-4476 to make a request.